Search the Wiki
Taylor-Couette Flow:Annotated Bibliography
- R. Tagg, "The Couette-Taylor Problem," Nonlinear Science Today 4, 1-25 (1994).
- E.L. Koschmieder, Bénard Cells and Taylor Vortices, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge UK, 1993).
- R. Tagg, "Taylor-Couette Reference List." University of Colorado-Denver (1997).
- D. Borrero-Echeverry, C.J. Crowley, and T.P. Riddick, "Rheoscopic Fluids for a Post-Kalliroscope World," Phys. Fluids 30, 087103 (2018).
- E. Fonda and K.R. Sreenivasan, "Unmixing demonstration with a twist: A photochromic Taylor-Couette device," Am. J. Phys. 85, 796 (2017).
- P. D. Weidman, “Measurement Techniques in Laboratory Rotating Flows” in Advances in Fluid Mechanics Measurements (Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg) 412–418 (1989).
Low Reynolds Number Flows:
- R. Fitzpatrick, "Taylor-Couette Flow," in Fluid Mechanics (2016).
- G.I. Taylor, "Film Notes for Low Reynolds Number Flow," in Illustrated Experiments in Fluid Mechanics: The National Committee for Fluid Mechanics Films Book of Film Notes (Educational Services Inc., Chicago, 1967). video
- E.M. Purcell, "Life at low Reynolds Number," Am. J. Phys. 45, 3-11 (1977).
- S. Childress, "Chapter 7: Stokes Flow" in An Introduction to Theoretical Fluid Mechanics (American Mathematical Society/Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York, 2009).
- G.I. Taylor, "VIII. Stability of a Viscous Liquid Contained Between Two Rotating Cylinders," Phil. Trans. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 223, 289-343 (1923).
- C.C. Lin, The Theory of Hydrodynamic Stability, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1955).
- P.G. Drazin and W.H. Reid, Hydrodynamic Stability 2nd ed., (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2004).
Transition to Turbulence:
- D. Coles, "Transition in Circular Couette Flow," J. Fluid Mech. 21, 385-425 (1965).
- J.P. Gollub and H.L. Swinney, "Onset to Turbulence in a Rotating Fluid," Phys. Rev. Lett. 35, 927 (1975).
- C.D. Andereck, S.S. Liu, and H.L. Swinney, "Flow Regimes in a Circular Couette System with Independently Rotating Cylinders," J. Fluid Mech. 164, 155-183 (1986).
- N.H. Packard, J.P. Crutchfield, J.D. Farmer, and R.S. Shaw, "Geometry from a Time Series," Phys. Rev. Lett. 45, 712 (1980).
- A. Brandstäter, J. Swift, H.L. Swinney, A. Wolf, J.D. Farmer, E. Jen, and P.J. Crutchfield, "Low-Dimensional Chaos in a Hydrodynamic System," Phys. Rev. Lett. 51, 1442 (1983).
- A.M Fraser and H.L. Swinney, "Independent coordinates for strange attractors from mutual information," Phys. Rev. A. 33, 1134 (1986).